As always, Microsoft had a wide range of games to show off, dipping our toes minimally in each one before running of to the next. So, here is a list of games that got trailers:
- The Outer Worlds, Releases on October 25th, and teases the possibility of players roleplaying their character’s morality, here’s it’s colourful trailer.
- Bleeding Edge, Created by Ninja Theory, looks to be a zany punk arena fighter in third person. A Technical Alpha starts on June 27th. Head shake at this trailer.
- Ori And the Will Of The Wisps got a trailer that teases giant monsters. Releases February 11th next year.
- Minecraft Dungeons, a weird blend between Diablo and Minecraft. Has 4-player co-op and seems to have mobs not in normal Minecraft, as seen in it’s trailer. It comes out in Australia’s autumn, next year.
- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order got a new story trailer that had more Saw Garrera. Not much we hadn’t already seen at EA Play. Release date announced as 15th of November this year.
- A new Blair Witch Game was announced, featuring a detective looking for a missing child in the woods with his dog Bullet. You can hide behind your pillow on August 30th, but before then, you may need it for it’s trailer.
- Cyberpunk 2077 had a new story trailer, featuring Keanu Reeves, revealing the release date to be the 16th of April, next year.
- A 2d artsy game called Spiritfarer was announced, teasing a boat you can build upon and explore from, with supernatural spirits. See what you think with the trailer.
- BATTLETOADS got a new trailer, showcasing the game’s 3-player co-op.
- RPG TIME! The Legend Of Wright seems to be a quirky RPG game that takes place in your high school notebook judging by the trailer.
- The new Microsoft Flight Simulator game got a trailer. It’s in 4K… No need to say thank you.
- Age Of Empires II Definitive Edition is also in 4K with some new sounds (“WULULOO”) and a new single player campaign: “The Last Khans”. Comes out in Australia’s spring. Heres a trailer.
- Wasteland 3 got a new trailer, showing a sci-fi post apocalyptic Colarado, blanketed in snow.
- Traveller’s Tales are making yet another Lego Star Wars game, this time it’s Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, which will have all 9 films in Lego form, sometime in 2020. Have a laugh again at the minifugures with this trailer.
- Dragon Ball Z Karakot is… well… something. I know it’s Dragon Ball Z so probably lots of shouting and fighting. It comes out early 2020. Try making sense of it with this trailer.
- 12 Minutes was announced, and it looks like Groundhog Day decided to up the stakes to murder and give no margin for error. Enter the time-loop with this trailer.
- Way To The Woods looks like you’ll be a deer with glowing antlers, travelling through a post-apocalyptic world with your baby deer. Now I’ve seen everything, and you can too with this trailer.
- Dying Light 2 got a new story trailer. Spring 2020. Run along now.
- Forza Horizon 4 is getting a new expansion: Lego Speed Champions. You can watch the trailer, but only if you can stand listening to Everything Is Awesome.
- State Of Decay 2 is getting an expansion too: Heartland. Set in “Trumble Valley”, two protagonists look for some elusive guy that seems vaguely important. It’s available now. Here’s a trailer.
- Phantasy Star Online 2 gets a western release on Xbox, and it’s free to play. Here’s it’s bizarre trailer.
- Crossfire X looks like a very standard shooter judging by the trailer, with an Xbox Port coming in 2020.
- Another JRPG, Tales of Arise is coming from Bandai Namco, and it’s trailer reveals that it’s coming in 2020.
- Borderlands 3 got another story trailer, and Borderlands 2 now has free DLC setting up 3 called “Commander Lilith and The Fight For Sanctuary”.
- You thought you were free from George R. R. Martin’s thirst for emotional pain weren’t you? Well, now you’ll be even more emotionally strained, with FROMSOFTWARE’s Elden Ring. Watch it’s cryptic trailer.
Right, with that all out of the way, Lets talk about the really big news:
- First: Gears of War 5 got a new trailer, complete with bizarre face morphing. It comes out September 10th. They also announced the new multiplayer mode: Escape. Essentially, you get in a hive, plant a bomb, and run for your lives. You’ll be able to build your own hive and have friends apparently bomb it as well. A Versus Multiplayer Tech Test will be on July 17th, with Horde mode becoming available to play in certain Microsoft Stores on August 19th. Finally, a Terminator: Dark Fate Character Pack is promised if you pre-order Gears 5. Also Gears Pop is still a thing if you were wondering.
- Double Fine Productions has joined Xbox Games Studios, and Tim Schafer ushered in a new Psychonauts 2 trailer.
- Xbox Game Pass had a massive ad break in the middle, with a bunch of games being added, and Xbox Game Pass for PC being launched in open beta. They also advertised the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, which allows you to have Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC, as well as Xbox Live Gold.
- Phil Spencer talked more about cloud gaming, and how Project XCloud is coming, and that E3 participants got hands on with it. Sadly, I’m still home in australia, so I don’t know much more than that. However, he did also reveal Console Streaming, which is apparently not the same as Project XCloud. Console Streaming will allow you to make your Xbox one your own personal server, being able to play games from anywhere. He didn’t go in depth into how it works or when it’s available, so we’ll have to wait and see for that one.
- Xbox’s next console was teased, called Project Scarlett. It’s supposedly 4x more powerful than the Xbox One S, is capable of 120fps, and can utilise Ray Tracing in real time. It comes out at the end of 2020, with it’s launch title being Halo Infinite, which also got a trailer.
And that was it for Xbox. Jeez that’s a lot of trailers.
Image Source: Xbox’s Press Conference, streamed by Gamespot.